Tar Beaches & Fire Escape Edens


Tar Beaches & Fire Escape Edens

2500 meters up, the farthest I have ever been from the terra firma I called home,
a man from a town of 3000 now in the masses of millions.

The concrete jungle has it's grips on me like a heart of darkness,
and I cannot stray from her as if she were a lover reuniting me with my youth via lust and attention

I seek solace in tar beaches and fire escape Edens,
paradises from the plumes of smoke and clouds of egos and disregard.

I raise fruit from seed and kill plants others sowed with kindness and water,
there are paths for us, and perhaps this is mine, but not in this way.

I must be here, for now at least, to earn my way to the dreams in which I wish to bask,
seeing injustice, pain, and ecstasy in the eyes of those who can't look up to even say good afternoon.

but for now, I seek solace in tar beaches and fire escape Edens
paradises from the plumes of smoke and clouds of egos and disregard

Comments

Popular Posts