A Cry For Help


A Cry For Help

A cross walk, a meeting point, a fork in the road.
Waiting for the lights to change, a song begins and brings it all back.

The joy, the pain, the betrayal, the pain of each tablet being choked down.
I spin the roulette wheel... and I wake up again. 

"Why the fuck would you do that?! It's so dumb"
I know, but I did, and I won't again.

Until I'm behind the wheel.. sleep deprived, buzzed, and ashamed.
A casual romance I took to heart yet betrayed.

To her it may not seem like an issue, the only touch we share is a pad,
but to me it cuts so deep, the agony so profound, as I turn off the headlights and drive on.

A car airborne, a crash, a destroyed beast of metal and an angry mob surrounds me.
"Is everyone ok?" the first words from my lips...again concern for others, not myself.

A decade later, I walk the distance necessary to obtain my energy.
A poem interlude, then a melody, but not from my experience, but that of those left behind.

I think of her, the father I have barely had the chance to know, 
and those who since those dark days I've touched.

I don't want it to end, but I know eventually it will.
Yet, I know even more now than ever, when it comes, it won't be my doing.

Comments

Popular Posts