Very Special of the Sales and Stanzas Podcast - Sharing is Caring



Last week I published my final episode of Sales and Stanzas for the year: E8: Maria, Mariaa ... You remind me of...

Unlike other episodes (many of which feature friends, entrepreneurs, and artists), this was the first where I included a fellow poet in the reading section. Maria Rosa isn't just a guest, but in her words, she was my muse. For decades I held in feelings, emotions, words, and pain. I never knew how to tell others what I felt, how to properly put my visions of the world to pen and paper. Even if they didn't notice, it had to be out in the world. However, for me it was scary to do so. I feared judgement, ridicule, laughter at me not with me.

Then I found a way to begin down that path, from behind a lens. I took photos of what I saw and observed, but when others didn't "get it" it was ok. It wasn't a naked expression of what I thought, it was just an image. Then I met Maria Rosa and she wrote based on them. She put her words to my photos and gave them life, a life I didn't know could be. And even more than that, she recorded her voice speaking those words. The only way I can describe her delivery is as if what Christians describe as speaking in tongues. It was breathy, unrehearsed, fresh. It sounded as if she was there with me in those moments, speaking my memories and thoughts to the world. But they weren't her memories or visions. They were mine alone.

I wasn't angry, nor jealous of this talent. I was, in fact, inspired. I knew then that I had to overcome the anxiety I had felt my entire life to break out, to return to the love I once embraced, and to write again.

To those who have been reading this blog over the past few months, thank you all for your silent observance. Those who have messaged/commented/just browsed, you have given life and inspiration to continue. You are invaluable and I appreciate each and everyone of you, now from over 15 countries and counting. I wish you the best this holiday season and I will see all of you in the new year!

Comments

Popular Posts